Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Silverstar foglights for 98+ camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Silverstar foglights for 98+ camaro's

Well this sounds like a stupid obsession but here goes. I have Sylvania Silverstar headlights and I love them. Now the Problem, they dont make a matched foglight for the 98+ Camaro's. Well me being obsessed with getting them to look right I desided to do soem research. First at the parts store, tryin to see the difference between a Camaro's fogs and a T/A's. They are almost identical except for how the connector clips on. I also looked up for a Cavalier since I had my Friends cavilier handy (doin work on it), same as a T/A. So having connectors in front of me I could see it is an easy repin. So I ordered up two new connector pigtails and Silverstar bulbs. Well Parts came in and with literally 15 minutes of work it was done. The GM p/n for the connector is 12102664. They were 12.21 each from gm parts direct, but I wanted new connectors. The bulb number is 880st, most parts stores carry them. Here is the difference in the Fog lights. You can see its not yellow/orangish like factory

Crappy pic but:
Old 08-19-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

good work man! are they any bigger in diameter that camaro fog lights. On mine it seems that they could fill the hole better. Also, do they seem noticably brighter than the stockers?
Old 08-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Launching!

In Diameter they are about the same, the bulbs are almost Identical. The only difference is the stockers have the connector out the side, while these are straight. As fas as Brightness it seems that the fill the headlight void better, but overall bout the same. I'll try to get more pics up, and well better ones at that. That pic was sitting on the ground about 15 feet from the car.

I would say at least do the headlights though; They are awsome. Deff brighter then stockers. I have some probs with my night vision and these deff helped out alot.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Wow, only 65 post buddy? Lol.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Yeah I am not as much of a ***** on here, big diff from 4,100 on ours lol

Quick Reply: Silverstar foglights for 98+ camaro's