Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got my new hood pictures!!! LOOK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my new hood pictures!!! LOOK!!!!

OK, I finally got pictures up. They're not great, but I'll work on getting some better ones. Here's the pics

I got the following done:

New hood
new front bumper

Painted:
hood
front bumper
rear bumper
front quarter panels (notice no emblems now....)
driver's side door
driver's rear quarter panel
door handles (now Cayenne Red)
side mirrors (body colored also)
!side molding
buffed the black roof top
painted gas door

I think that's about it....let me know what you think. The fitment was AWESOME. I still have the stock hood shocks, and the hood still feels VERY stable, it doesn't flex at all opening and closing!

Jeremy
Old 09-03-2005, 04:03 PM
NKAWTG...N

Looks good! But I have to say I'm not a fan of fake hood scoops. Any plans on cutting it out and making it functional? Also is that wider than a stock lt1 ss hood? Very unique looking color btw!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good, now just get a piece of black vinyl to make the scoop look functional... if you don't plan to open it up, that is. I know on my car, I can't open the scoop on mine because the back of the "cowl" part is open and would create unwanted lift on my hood.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stoleit
Looks good! But I have to say I'm not a fan of fake hood scoops. Any plans on cutting it out and making it functional? Also is that wider than a stock lt1 ss hood? Very unique looking color btw!
I had looked into that, but even opening it up would make the hood dis-functional. I have the K&N FIPK for colder air at the lower front of the car, putting a stock ss box on it would sit on the intake manifold, bringing hotter air. I plan on doing what meissenation said and getting black vinyl to make it look open.

And yes, this is a wider, flatter opening than the stock SS size. The hood does not cowl up very much at the windshield, which is what I was looking for. I can just barely see the hood over my windshield wipers, I'm not a fan of seeing a lot of hood jumping out at me...

As for the color.... ....its one of the main reasons we bought the car. Not too many like this one...

Thanks for the compliments!!

Quick Reply: Got my new hood pictures!!! LOOK!!!!