Sponsored by: DashLynx

instrument cluster lamps

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instrument cluster lamps

Hey!
Just got my car shipped from fl to sweden and as it arrived I noticed some new probs amongst which the some of the lamps in the instrument cluster is no longer working. I'm thinking, should I just replace the lamps or go all the way and convert to led? How do you disassemble the cluster? from car, and to get to lamps? what bulbs do I need?
If i do Led will the panel get spotted?

Also it squeeks from the front carriage whenever its a little bumpy.. does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really like to get rid of that.

Thanks a bunch!
//Daniel
some pics of my new car! http://www.garaget.org/?car=10555

Last edited by #1T/A; 09-17-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i remember correctly,the TA guage clusters are lit with an orange... Im not sure if this orange is a certain kind of bulb or if it is just because of a colored film the light is shining through. I do know you cannot change the color, as far as the bulbs, i am not sure there.. The squeeks you are hearing i remember hearing on here as well. Can be fixed by oiling the rubber comonents on the undercarriage such as: on the shocks, panhard bars etc. I have never done this, I have heard this and was wondering the same thing. I searched, and that is what people were saying to do. This is very normal, and an easy fix.