Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got Any Idea On How To Fix This (GFX Related)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Any Idea On How To Fix This (GFX Related)?

What could be done so that you would not have the paint rub off from the inside of the side skirts on the inside door part of the skirt??? It is the Xenon side skirts, and the inside bottom part of the door--not the part with the door panel, but the part that actually sits on the lip of the skirt--catches. It is the part of the skirt that is infront of the black rubber.
Attached Thumbnails Got Any Idea On How To Fix This (GFX Related)?-100_0027.jpg  
Old 12-31-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Little bit of a hard time exactly understanding what's going on, but since it's been a few hours since ya posted and no one replied yet, I'll take a crack at it.

The paint rubbing off, is it because the side skirt is not 100% secure against the car, or that it's rubbing against the door because there's not enough of a gap between? The picture of your doorpanel is just kinda throwing me off on exactly what's going on. If there's not enough gap, I would think the best bet would be to try and create more gap on the bottom of the door where it's catching, it wouldn't be as noticable since it's underneathe the door.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can see the paint rubbed off. Looks like either the side skirt is bowed up or
bottom edge of door is bent. My guess would be side skirt bowed. Easiedt fix is to take it to a body shop. But the repair will be take a heat gun to th side skirt in that area. Heat the top and the face in the surrounding area. You need to push it down
with a piece of wood or metal once it's warmed up. The trick is a piece long enough
to spread the force. And also to hold it till it cools. If you need more help P.M. me.
Hawk
Old 12-31-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys. It is because there is not enough gap. I am going to take more pics today to better illustrate it. I think is because of the door catching...more pics and info to come though.

Quick Reply: Got Any Idea On How To Fix This (GFX Related)?