Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whats worse, cracked paint or front plate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats worse, cracked paint or front plate?

Well, I live in a front plate state. My father has never ran a front plate on any of his f-bodies, not his 2 86's, his 98, 99, or his vette's. He said hes had like 7 tickets for it and prolly been pulled over 20 or so times, but since they are non moving violations, you just pay the 75 bucks and go on your marry way.

Now I don't have a mollested car at all, as far as the front bumper goes, their are no holes on it from a plate mount. But the paint is bad up at the very nose, down low, its gone ( cant see it unless your on your butt lookint at it head one ) and its a tad bit spiderd... cant see it unless you get down their and look at it though, appearently the second owner touched a parking lot curb.... So I was looking at the SLP one for the camaro, it mounts under ther car and angles up, I liek that one, will it fit the TA? prolly not...

So should I just bolt on the stock piece, and live with it?

Get hte slp one, make it fit

get the nose repainted...
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd put the front plate on your car. For me, in Texas, it's a $140.00 ticket!!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Front plates kill the cleanliness of a car. I have never had one on any car and have payed a total of maybe $250 in fines in 10 years. Worth it if you ask me.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Launching!

I am trying to get something started in NJ to get it changed, if possible. Waiting to hear back from my county rep. who is going to find out if anything can be done. It's a longshot, but I am going to at least try. I figure I want the same rights that other Americans have that don't have to have a car vandalized and defaced by a front plate. I didn't know state motor vehicle code could supercede the US Constitution.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

I moved here to Texas from Indiana. Im still running my Indiana plate simply because I dont want to put a stupid Texas front plate on my car. When I finally do break down and buy one, or get a ticket forcing me to buy one, Ill probably put it on the airdam.

Quick Reply: Whats worse, cracked paint or front plate?