Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

air pocket on the top of my tinted hatchback, does anyone know how to fix this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default air pocket on the top of my tinted hatchback, does anyone know how to fix this?

i got both my firebird and ws6 tinted and both got air pockets near the top, i heard before that cuttin out some vinyl will do the trick, anyone else know anythin about this? suggestions, . . oh and some pics of em would be kick ***, . .

thanx
Old 02-01-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it back to the shop, it shouldn't take them no longer then 30 minutes, being that they are profesionals. Or you can do it yourself. Grab razor blad carfully slash the bumble small enought just to take out the are. You can also just poke the air bubble and then press down to remove the air.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean on the top of the hatchback where the little dot matrix is? If so, they should have used some black vinyl and covered that area before they tinted it. If they didn't, it might be too late. However, they should be able to work it out for you.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, on the top where the dot matrix is,. . . its already been like 5 months since i tinted the trans am professionally, . . the firebird i did myself, . . i tried the pokin a small hole thing, . didn't work, imma try the vinyl thing on the firebird before i f*ck with the ws6, . anyone know how to do it right?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my car tinted recently and before taking it, I masked off the dot matrix area and sprayed it with flat black engine enamel. Doesn't interfere with vision out the back and looks great too. I'll see if I can find some pics from angles you can actually see it.