Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

for those who have done the !wire mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default for those who have done the !wire mod

i did the wire mod (mainly to extend it for my turbo install) well i tried to start it up and my starter wont engage, starter does nothing. this may or maynot be the reason, but how do check to make sure i did it right meaning i didnt mix up some wires on the harness that are the same colors

i hooked up HPT and i get these errors

P0123 - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage (SES) (Pending) (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)
P1637 - Generator L-Terminal Circuit (OLD) (History) (Current) (Immature)

Continuous Tests:
Misfire - Incomplete
Fuel System - Complete
Comprehensive Component - Complete

Once Per Trip Tests:
Catalyst - Complete
Heated Catalyst - n/a
Evaporative System - Incomplete
Secondary Air System - Complete
A/C System Refrigerant - n/a
Oxygen Sensor - Incomplete
Oxygen Sensor Heater - Incomplete
EGR System - Complete

for the guys who dont know on the back ground of the car its a 99 transam, which im doing a custom truck manafold turbo kit, so it hasnt been started for over a year. ive pretty much yanked out and put everything back in it this last year. i think i hooked up the wiring harness right
(as ou can only put the plugs in one place right?)

another thing when i first tried to start it yesterday and hooked up the battery the running lights came on for no reason., I unhooked one of those wiring harnesses that i extended tried starting it (still nothing) then rehooked it and when i hook up the battery again the lights dont come on any more (they only come on as normal when i turn them on at the dash)

anybody got any ideas that i can start checking how do i check whre the PCM to mayb ethe connector to make sure i connect the right one