Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Insurance Repair estimate way too low?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Repair Ques.

My bro got into an accident with my car. He was at a stand still coming out of a parking lot after someone waved him out. Another lady, pulled around the car that let him out and grinded(sp) along the front of my bumper ripping the license plate and cover off while bending the sh*t out the Afterthoughts Auto Mounting Plate. Now, whose fault it is doesn't concern me just yet, my parents can deal with that. But when the insurance company heard of this, they contacted my parents and asked where I parked my car while at work. They said they needed pics to show the accident wasn't very bad. Well, about 3 days later I get a check in the mail for $106, counting my $250 deductable, they figured it would cost $356 to fix the car. I need a ne license plate bracket, refinish and repaint the front of the bumper(maybe they will have to do the whole thing?) and also possibly the black plastic piece that says "CAMARO", the grill piece. About that piece, it isn't that bad, but the license plate bracket gave that piece about a 3 in scratch and the piece is ruined if I ever want to put the car in a Carshow, so it should have to be replaced right? so that should be at least $150 right? I couldn't find one online so I guessed, plus the bracket($20) and the frame($30) is $200 right there alone. So they think a refinish and repaint will $156 for the front bumnper, that right there is BS. And they based all their estimates off a photo of the car in a parking garage with the front bumper close to a wall. This total BS, do guys think I can do anything about this? I won't be paying for any increase in insurance, my bro or dad will and my dad wants to get whatever money he can out of this.

Also, if this is in the wrong Forum, mods you can move it as needed, I wasn't totally sure where to put it.

Last edited by THECowboy; 03-25-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Go get about 3 independent estimates and turn them over to your agent. Hopefully you have an insurance company with an agent? If you dont, you wont have anyone to help your fight and you've just earned yourself $106.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:56 AM

got any pics
Old 03-26-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would get some other estimates, but to me that sounds about right. I do a lot of body work on the side and, based on your description of damage, I would probably charge around the same. But I get raped on paint since I do not have my own paint system like a body shop does. Body shop would probably score a grill and license plate bracket from a bone yard cheap and just respray the cover (paint being cheap for them since they mix their own).

Quick Reply: Insurance Repair estimate way too low?