Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How to dust exterior

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to dust exterior

Now that i have 2 cars, my t/a is always in the garage except nice days. I used to wash my car once or twice a week because eventually it rained or whatever.

Now, the t/a gets sorta dusty just sitting in the garage for all that time and looks a little dirty even when not rained on.

-I do have a cover, but it is too much hassle to keep putting it on and off all the time.

-I see the california duster and I could get that but i am worried about scratches from that, and i hear it leaves a residue.

-I could quick detail with a spray but i don't like the idea of rubbing the paint with dirt on it.

Any comments/suggestions. First priority is keeping the car swirl/scratch free. second is not having to wash it all the time.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

California duster you can get them at most auto stores.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:32 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The California Car duster is awesome. Buy one, with the wooden handle.

The trick here is to follow the instructions and put the duster in some newspaper for a night or two. This abosrbs any excess carnuba wax. Then you are good to go. It leaves no scratches, you don't apply any pressure with it.

If you wash and wax regularly, the more efficient the duster is.

As long as the car isn't real dirty, quick detail works just fine with a microfiber. I usually don't use it if the car has been driven more than once though.

No matter what, if you're going to drive the car, it's going to get dirty. It's just the nature of the beast. But a nice coat of wax, will help make clean up that much easier. And help avoid those swirls you are wanting to stay away from.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

If you keep it properly waxed/polished, you should be able to use a duster or quick detail with ease and not damage the finish what-so-ever. Use a microfiber, or similar with the quick detail and you'll be good to go with a quick wipe down.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Cal Car Duster first then I use Eagle One Wet detail spray on a microfiber towel for any spots left. Works great between washes and when the car isn't really dirty enough to take the time to wash.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the California Car Duster too