Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

So yea....Summer Project 06 lol (56k=Caravan)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So yea....Summer Project 06 lol (56k=Caravan)

My interior was not in the best shape when I bought the car and being only 18 at the time I bought the car I didn't keep the best care of it. Also 2 years of college and a hardcore partier such as myself I haven't given my interior much love. I've also done this twice in the thing. Something kicked me in the *** this past winter break and I started taking more care of my car and started using my 95 Firebird to go out and as a DD. Anyways heres the damage.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

Plans for the interior: Main thing is go all black with subtle red accents and silver here an there.
Seats-Re-upholstered Black with suede red inserts and red stitching (front only, rear has been deleted)
Dash- Replace front piece from factory with ebony. Smooth the rest of the dash and dye/paint flat black.
Carpet-Dynomat and replacement ebony carpet from stockinteriors.com
Interior Panels-Door inserts are going to be changed to preforrated(sp?) red leather. All plastic panels will be smoothed and dye/painted flat black possibly clear coated.
Sound-Adding a CarPC. Updating speaker wire harness to I don't know yet and all speakers. Going to run sound from CarPC, headunit and an AMP. Possibly add a sub.
Headliner-Going with a plastic one from stockinteriors.com, most likely going to smooth, fiberglass, and paint it glossy black.
That is about it for now, CarPC and sound will be my biggest task and costs. I already have about half of what I need saved up. I would love to have this done for G10 or The Power Tour but we'll see how that goes.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OPEN BAR DUDE!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, you're a slob.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Nice Dustin. Still havent gotten any of the parts you need sry. i may have the uppper dash though
Old 04-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Man, even my hooptie isn't that bad
Old 04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
Damn, you're a slob.
Somewhat that and just being apathetic towards my interior(that's all changed though, I've become an appearance **** because of this site ). Shitty friends have also contributed to this, that is the main reasoning for taking out my rear seats! That and just being ignorant on how to take care of my interior! This def. won't happen with the new one, especially since I'll be dishing out some big $ for it. And Paul I need an ebony from a 2000+ if you guys come across one, if not I'll just go to McNamara and order one.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You got a lot of work ahead of you!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

WOW! I think that's the roughest 4th gen interior I've seen yet. Good luck with that, at least you finally came around - some people never do!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

my current car is my 4th fbody (2nd LS1) and im 18 but man i take Great care of mine...no smoking, no eating, only drinkin with bottles with tops (so they can be put back on), no horse playin, no f*cking off in my car...im very **** about it....on the outside...their is no leaning on, no rubbing, only touch the door handle when u open the doors...and dude u need to get new friends is they dont wanna go by your rules as well...all my friends respect the hell outta my wishes and also make sure other people go by those rules too
Old 04-17-2006, 06:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
You got a lot of work ahead of you!
Agreed
Old 04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SVThis
my current car is my 4th fbody (2nd LS1) and im 18 but man i take Great care of mine...no smoking, no eating, only drinkin with bottles with tops (so they can be put back on), no horse playin, no f*cking off in my car...im very **** about it....on the outside...their is no leaning on, no rubbing, only touch the door handle when u open the doors...and dude u need to get new friends is they dont wanna go by your rules as well...all my friends respect the hell outta my wishes and also make sure other people go by those rules too
Yeah, Mine dont.. Really pisses me off! I tell them not to touch different stuff (cd player, HAVC, etc) Yet they do it to **** me off.. The thing that makes me the most mad is that I dont do **** in their cars because they will bitch.. I guess thats the respect I give to anothers but dont recieve..
Old 04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SVThis
That's the way to do it! I got my T/A when I was 18 and took care of it the same way. Now 4.5 years later the interior is still mint except for a broken ashtray lid which I would've already fixed, but I'm waiting to do a T56 swap which will include the upper console.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Dude just send the dash to me, and pay up sucka lol
Old 04-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Dude just send the dash to me, and pay up sucka lol
Haha, if my dad wasn't such a fiberglass nut I would, but luckily I have that luxury.
And my friends here in Central Florida where I grew up know to respect my car or else they will royaly get their *** kicked, it was my shitty "friends" from FAU that didn't give two *****, and it's hard to control people while you are driving ya know? I actually tried fighting one of them for opening up a beer can and spilling it all over the place. The dash just started cracking from the hot south florida sun and there wasn't much I could do about that. The side of the drivers seat was there when I bought the car, the big rip in the drivers seat is from a lady friend of mines bra from a crazy and memorable night lol. I can't wait to start this project, everyday I just want to rip everything out!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

my biggest issue with friends riding in my car is when they get out what do they do..... slam the door... its a fiberglass door... just push the dang thing closed dont slam the **** out of it....
Old 04-18-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RollTideTA
OPEN BAR DUDE!
farvas' number one!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Banned

"We ah can be Car RAMROD, you know, since you are Ramathorne and I'm Rod, CAR RAMROD!!"
Old 04-18-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol... u might want to call billy graham's camaro/firebird salvage. Dont waste much time emailing... you just about have to call the dude lol, but I got an interior (all seats, door panels & console) several years back from him for my 94. http://www.billygrahamscamaro.com/
Old 04-18-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

yeah im picky about my car to, i have plastic floormats in the back i usually only allow 1 passenger to be in the back, evertime they get in i say keep those feet on the mat or u die, the front is almost occupied by my gf and shes good cause she has a new monte carlo shes **** about so we understand eachothers needs even tho im a little worse then her, no food only drink in bottles like someone said sometimes ill let a fast food cup go if your super careful, no horseplay lol. out side same thing to leaning or touching or i flip, and yes everyone loves to slam doors i yell like crazy when they do and they usually never do it again lol.
my buddy that has a firebird doesnt seem to care much he like to closemy hatch by the wing which i flipped about and **** like that i hate

Quick Reply: So yea....Summer Project 06 lol (56k=Caravan)