Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wax after NOT washing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wax after NOT washing?

Tried a quick search and couldn't find anything... Maybe I worded it incorrectly ???

Here's the deal... I spent about 16 hours (not straight) claybarring, Scratch X-ing, polishing (Meguiar's Deep Crystal Pure Polish), and waxing (NXT). I love the way it looks so much and it was so much work. I am driving my car VERY seldom right now though I can rub and feel that, little by little, the wax of course is just not permanent...

If I can detail spray my car enough where, suppose I took it one night out and got home. Then I check the car and it's just not that dirty (nothing big). Then, I do a THOROUGH detail spray job... Would it be wise or foolish then to try and throw on some spray wax or some other mild topcoat? What are the chances there's dirt that I can't see and that the detailer spray couldn't remove? Stupid idea? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Should use that one first before waxing or doing anything else to your car paint, good stuff...

http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-paint-...-Paint-Cleaner
Old 04-28-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Cool, but what do you think about waxing again after some thorough detailing without washing?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the deal... I spent about 16 hours (not straight) claybarring, Scratch X-ing, polishing (Meguiar's Deep Crystal Pure Polish), and waxing (NXT)....

If you did all that work then it's silly compromising it with a shortcut. The NXT was doesn't require layering and should be good for at least a few months.

Do proper washing, keep the car up, and wax it fairly regularly. Don't take shortcuts and ruin all that hard work.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

My paint is in great shape, shiny as hell, but I always spray water on it before waxing it again in order not to "scratch" or doing anything else wrong to the paint because of dust, exterior contamination, etc, if u see what I mean, that's what I would do if I were u even after some thorough detailing.

Edit: BTW, I take her out only once or twice a month, always garage kept.

Last edited by Intimidator SS; 04-28-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by todddchi
Here's the deal... I spent about 16 hours (not straight) claybarring, Scratch X-ing, polishing (Meguiar's Deep Crystal Pure Polish), and waxing (NXT)....

If you did all that work then it's silly compromising it with a shortcut. The NXT was doesn't require layering and should be good for at least a few months.

Do proper washing, keep the car up, and wax it fairly regularly. Don't take shortcuts and ruin all that hard work.
I agree. It would be silly to ruin all that hard work, nor do I enjoy shortcuts. I just didn't know if it would, in fact, "ruin" the hard work so I figured I'd ask.

It's beginning to sound like a bad idea. No problem. The paint sure is pretty now.