Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Top cover for the dash ... removal ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Top cover for the dash ... removal ????

Anyone know how to remove the top dash cover? It's the piece which covers the whole top of the dash. I thought it was only velcro'd on and ended up breaking big pieces out of it. There seem to be some sort of plastic fasteners it's attached with ... does it take a special tool to break these loose?
Old 05-20-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i can remember is both side pillars need to be out when you take the piece your talking about out, and far as i can remeber it was haeld in by that wierd kind of velcro think its called industrial style, also pull carefully over the dash cluster area this spot tends to crack easy, just pull on it alittle at a time in different spots going in the upward motion. hope this helps good luck....
Old 05-20-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The two A-pillars actually hold the dash pad in place. Remove the A-pillars by opening the door and pulling down on the inside of the A pillar top until the clips release (there are three on each side). The driver side released easily, but I inserted the butt end of two screw drivers on the passenger side and gently pried until they released. The dash pad can then be removed by prying gently on the side against the dash until the clips release (there are 4). The back end is simply velcroed down.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might also want to unscrew the two screws by the t top pins if you have a t top car.