Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

painting undercarrage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting undercarrage?

well, being the **** perfectionist i am, i'm getting ready to fix up my wheel wells by powdercoating the suspension pieces, cleaning up the plastic wheel wells, and painting the metal inner fenders with eastwood extreme chassis paint.

anyway, the chassis paint got me thinking.... my car was a southern car all its life until now, and even now its just a summer car for me, so the bottom of the car looks good for the most part. but.... its still just bare metal. i was wondering what you guys thought of painting the entire bottom of the car with eastwoods extreme chassis paint?

i think it'd be cool, and would help in the long term with keeping the car in overall better condition. what do you guys think?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Painting it would help. I undecoated the entire underside of my car with the truck liner bed coating that you can get in the cans at any auto parts store.
I am over **** as well, and rust is my worst nightmare.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm for full detailing the under carriage !!!!!!!!!!

Hawk
Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Launching!

i wanted to stay away from the undercoating stuff because im not a fan of how any of that stuff looks (hell, im trying to get rid of it in my rear wheel wells). but i'd imagen painting it would provide some rust protection and look good and be easier to clean.