Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anybody hear of this!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody hear of this!

My friend, who has a 98 Camaro, got backed into this week. Since the hood is bent and he has to get a new one he thought about going with a aftermarket hood. The body shop told him that since the factory hoods are metal and aftermarket one's are fiberglass they may not fit an line up right!?? never heard of anything like this the fiberglass hoods are still designed for a camaro. the hood will be coming for RKsport
Old 08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

hood fitment is always an issue, sometimes they fit great other times it takes a ton of adjustment to get it to look "perfect".... as long as he goes w/ a good manufacture w/ a good reputation he should be fine....what hood is he getting? ohh know somebody who paid $800 just to have the hood painted and installed by the dealer and they couldnt even get it to fit right..their excuse was that the hood was the problem... he brought it to a friends and he aligned it w/ no problem

and for most aftermarket hoods he will need new shocks... i think that ss hood shocks will work....
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with above, I would go trhu another place to get a hood othrthan RK sport. I would try Harwood etc.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Teching In

the hood is just a ss hood from RKsport
Old 08-18-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

It doesn't matter who the makes the part or who the body-guy is, with a fiber-glass hood you are going to run into SOME kind of fittment issues. That's just comes with using aftermarket body panels. Any body-guy worth his weight will be able to line it up, it just takes a little time and patience

Quick Reply: Anybody hear of this!