Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What headlights should I get

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What headlights should I get

I was looking at the headlights and they dont look tht clean. i was looking at a whole different look.
If any suggestions please post
thanks
Old 08-26-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just ordered some clear halos headlights. i waas kinda iffy but im sure they will come out nice and they are cheaper than puttting stock or aftermarket stock headlights. try ebay
Old 08-26-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Veteran

what about the black halos, where can you buy them, like brand new
Old 08-26-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get them from Ebay brand new. I believe that is about the only place. I was really iffy at first about buying headlights from Ebay but they turned out GREAT. Just make sure you buy them from an online store and that the seller has over 100 positive trader feedbacks. I got mine for $140, but the shipping was like $60. They came with the fitting brackets, adjustment *****, plugs and bulbs. They look awesome too!

If you want a cheap fix, you can remove the lenses from your headlights and sand them down with 120 grit sandpaper. Then, repeat with 220, 400, 600, 800, 1000 and some plexiglass/clear plastic polish (I believe its a 1500-2500 grit polish). This will clear up the yellow lenses. Then, paint the part of the headlight that is NOT the reflective dish of the lens black. Search under "Whistler mod" for more detail on that. I did that as a temporary fix. Another solution is front blackouts or using the spray on tint from Summit (called Niteshades). However, all just delayed the inevitable of the Halos.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

halos look the best IMO but just to add in what many leave out...your night time driving isnt as lit up as it used to be with these because of the projector like black covering.... now the chrome ones im unsure about becuase i dont have them but i honestly think those ones look like crap...the whistler mod looks nice as well and stock headlamps are the best when it comes to quality and fitment. if you plan for HIDs or you are all about night driving and being able to light up EVERYTHING then id suggest keeping the stock lamps and just go get a rubbing compound for $4 at walmart and buff your headlights and they will look crystal clear when you're done. just be careful not to burn your lamps if using a circular polisher
Old 08-26-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Veteran

thanks guys ill look on ebay
o these r the ones i was looking at
THIS
Old 08-27-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

those look nice but on car like that i would have gone clear. but everyones has a choice. i my choice is clear due to the fact my car is artic whits looks more blended in.