Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SLP Dual Dual & Factory GFX help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Dual Dual & Factory GFX help

I recently installed an SLP Dual Dual catback on my car. I love the way it sounds now, but the tips seem to be hidden under/behind the rear valence that comes with the factory ground effects.

I've mounted the exhaust as far back as possible and it hangs low enough to clear the valence but they just don't come out that far...it seems they stop at or just before the bumper.

I don't have anything against the appearance of the GFX or the RS spoiler, but I want to remove the rear valence. Has anyone done this and do you have any pics? For those of you who aren't haters of the sports appearance package, what do you think? Search keeps throwing up all sorts of threads that don't seem helpful.

I'm also not very open to extending the pipes at this time.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think the ground effects are awesome, i have that same problem though, i have the loudmouth one,and it looks like they are tucked under the ground effects, i am extending them with the dual corsa clones and setting them in both the side notches of the rear valence.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Safe Idea
Remove the ground effects and dish out the cash for the SLP center mount exhaust valence. Sexy as heck!

Risky Idea
Mark where the tips would come out under the GFX on the actual GXF with grease pen, sharpie, etc. Remove the rear effects (should just be some clips and 3m tape). Measure the size of the tips and trace the same size outline in the spots you have marked. Cut the outline with a fine toothed saw. Be careful to make the holes on each side uniform and with smooth lines. Nothing looks more unfactory than two square holes of unequal size. If you can get the holes more like lifts or grooves, it will look nice. Sand them smooth, paint, reinstall, and vwalla, a sexy *** for your Camaro!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

does anyone have pics or more comments?