Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel Rail Cover Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Rail Cover Question

I have a set, and I dont care to spend a bunch to get them painted (even though our sponsors make them look great!) amd I dont have the talent to do it myself. I was wondering if any of you know of any type of sticker or thick vinyl or urethane or something that I could get to say "camaro" that would simply cover up the corvette lettering. Im asking this, b/c the last time I did a set myself, it wasnt too pretty. I also actually like the surface on the factory pieces, and would like to retain it. I saw these in a thread I searched for. Something like this would be great. Without the "SS" though, of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys. Thanks!

Last edited by Nittany_marine; 08-29-2006 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-30-2006, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think there is any product out there to do what you are hoping to do. only think i could think would be a piece of thin alluminum that you could mount letters to then glue that right to the cover.

its not too hard to fill the letters with bondo. just take your time and do layersi did mine all from scratch.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nittany_marine
I have a set, and I dont care to spend a bunch to get them painted (even though our sponsors make them look great!) amd I dont have the talent to do it myself. I was wondering if any of you know of any type of sticker or thick vinyl or urethane or something that I could get to say "camaro" that would simply cover up the corvette lettering. Im asking this, b/c the last time I did a set myself, it wasnt too pretty. I also actually like the surface on the factory pieces, and would like to retain it. I saw these in a thread I searched for. Something like this would be great. Without the "SS" though, of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated, guys. Thanks!

That looks like my motor, lol. Sent you a pm Nittany_marine.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 67SS&99Z28
That looks like my motor, lol. Sent you a pm Nittany_marine.
Thanks for the info.