Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Small corner section of tint peeling - how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small corner section of tint peeling - how to fix?

The driver side window tint on my car has a very small corner section which is starting to peel as I open the window. I started to hear it after they did the tint a few months ago, and I am starting to see it actually peel more visibly now,

I know I know, I should take it back. But these guys messed up the tint the first time, and now I am a little afraid to take it back to the same place in case they **** something else up.

Is there any home remedy I can apply? I thought about just putting on a tiny piece of black electrical tape (the peel is on the bottom front corner of the window, right against the trim).
Old 09-28-2006, 03:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

id just use a razor and cut off that piece, if its small enough u wont notice.

if ur real bored re tint it urself
Old 09-28-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

I wouldnt use electrical tape, usually if there is a small tear in tint people will use clear tape (it wont be seen from the outside, at least not usually)...
Old 09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Launching!

its prob happen cause u rolled your windows down before u were suppose to. u suppose to wait 3-5 after u get the tint to roll down your window. id take it back but u already said u werent
Old 09-28-2006, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

I did wait... matter of fact, I waited something like 2 weeks before I opened the window. My car sat idle in the garage the whole time! No, the problem is they didn't do the tint right. The part thats peeling is above the rubber trim on the inside of the door, it should extend to below that line.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I first bought my T/A, the tint was peeling at the bottom of the driver's window and the rear window. I put some clear packing tape on it and it worked great. I eventually had to remove the front tint to get out of a ticket, but the tape on the back window still held up fine the whole time I had it.

Quick Reply: Small corner section of tint peeling - how to fix?