Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Question

My buddy is willing to sell me his corbeau cr-1 racing passenger seat at a good price ... Can i somehow make it work for the driver side?"
Old 10-08-2006, 04:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they are interchangeable... I know pretty much every seat manufacturer out there only makes one seat that can be used on either side (this is my experience with SPARCO's, CERULLO's, ARIZEN's, and SUMMIT brand seats)...

From the pictures I've been able to find on Google of the seat in question I think you'll be fine... Nice looking seat BTW!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What about the handle used to adjust the seat lean/recline? For the passenger it's on the right side. So if you put it on the driver's side, it would be next to the center console.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakeStomper
What about the handle used to adjust the seat lean/recline? For the passenger it's on the right side. So if you put it on the driver's side, it would be next to the center console.
Definetly would be an issue if it was only on that side... From what I could tell from pics I thought the seat had the lever on both sides (same way most seats have the **** on both sides)... I could be wrong.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

...just to throw this out there...I replaced my '98 Z28 seats with those from a '99 Firebird... whole set only ran me $200 and they were within a couple of hours of me, so I picked them up. I find the Firebird seats to have a bit more lateral support. I did have an upholstery shop re-do the the door panels with material that matched the '99 Firebird seats too, so unless you truly know your interiors, you'd never know it's not stock. Those that do, notice it's not and like how it all matches!

Quick Reply: Seat Question