Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help!!! wiring LS1 taillights....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! wiring LS1 taillights....

Ok so has anybody ever put LS1 tailights on an LT1??? If so explain to me how u got everything wired and workin.. please...I can go into detail but my problem is kinda hard to explain but first of if anybody knows it can be done or done it would make me feel better .....Any input would help thanks....
Old 10-08-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought the tail lights were just plug and play?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

I've done it. Here's the walk-through I made - http://projectcamaro.com/exporttaillights.htm
Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
I've done it. Here's the walk-through I made - http://projectcamaro.com/exporttaillights.htm
Awesome, u answered my question, how to keep the brake lights from coming on with the signals.. Im using the Ls1 wire harness but they guy that i bought from cut it off so its pretty much a little bit of wire and the bulbs,(i noticed in your instructions it lookid like u had the complete wire harness) but that doesnt make a difference does it as long as i rewire what u explained under the dash, it should correct the problem?????????
Old 10-08-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nando2986
Awesome, u answered my question, how to keep the brake lights from coming on with the signals.. Im using the Ls1 wire harness but they guy that i bought from cut it off so its pretty much a little bit of wire and the bulbs,(i noticed in your instructions it lookid like u had the complete wire harness) but that doesnt make a difference does it as long as i rewire what u explained under the dash, it should correct the problem?????????
Yup, everything should be fine once you rewire it under the dash. I had the same problem with the brakes lights until I started playing around under the dash.

Quick Reply: Help!!! wiring LS1 taillights....