Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Precut vette FRC fitment issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Precut vette FRC fitment issue

ok i ordered a set of custom fuel rail covers and i got the passenger side installed no problem. now the problem is the driver side coever it almost fits if i dont run the fuel lines through the pre cut holes, however when i run the fuel lines through the holes it doesnt come anywhere close to fitting. has anyone else had any trouble with fitment like this. and anyoen that can plz post pics of your driver side FRC installed. so i cna see if im missing somethign obvious.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, did you split the two fuel lines apart?
Here's a couple shots to show they do fit. It helps to turn the fuel lines up almost vertically coming out from the slits. This will relieve any pressure on them and the FRC.

Bryan
Old 12-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember when I installed them on my 98 T/A there was a bracket holding a cable on the drivers side. It was sitting towards the back edge of the valve cover. Had to remove that and the FRC was able to sit back farther. Only problem I had installing mine. I am not sure if that bracket is on every year either.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if ur car has tcs u will most likely need to remove that bracket on the back side of the drivers side of the intake. it holds the cables. other than that split the fuel lines apart and then u can move them pretty freely and itll pop on.