Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rain on interior panels. Good way to clean/remove the white water streaks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rain on interior panels. Good way to clean/remove the white water streaks?

My buddy left the passenger window down all night on his SS and rain poured in all over the interior early this morning. Its got the nasty white streaks on there now that its dried. What is a good product to use for cleaning/treating the panels as well as the seats?

The leather steering wheel also got sticky and ruined. Should he use a cleaner and then a polish? It definately needs some shine. thanks
Old 01-07-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use the Zaino leather treatment on my door panels. When I get spots on them from opening the door in the rain, the Zaino leather treatment applied to the area will remove them. He may not want to put anything on the steering wheel that may make it slippery or sticky.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just wipe my interior down once a week with warm soapy water then dry it off with a separate towel, but for the leather I use either Meguiar's or Zaino leather conditioner.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The spots are just mineral deposits. You can use an interior cleaner if you'd like, however, you'd get the same results if you bought a bottle of filtered water and wiped everything down.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the suggestions. I found some amsoil vinyl cleaner and interior detailer in the garage. Ill try that out.

Ive heard there are a few products out there that arent good for interiors, such as armorall. aparently you have to continuously apply the cleaner to the interior/leather or otherwise itll crack or fade/deteriorate over time? Any products out there I should look out for?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

I've heard armor all can make the interior sticky. I've noticed this some of the time, but not all. I'm not sure if the leather wipes do this or not.

Quick Reply: rain on interior panels. Good way to clean/remove the white water streaks?