Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Should a get a New Dash or Dash Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 06:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should a get a New Dash or Dash Kit?

I cracked my dashboard just above the center vents a few years ago. I was trying to get the CD player to work in very cold weather and it cracked. I'm just now starting to get over it. I tried to repair it with a vinyl repair kit and I failed miserably. The crack goes around a tight curve into the vent and is difficult to make it look right. I found a guy on ebay selling a dash from a 94. I'm wondering if I should buy that dash or buy a dash kit. I have not yet found a dash kit that would cover the area that is cracked.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Id do a new dash, because its going to look right. A dash kit is a risk
Old 01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id take the dash and have it recovered in leather or suede. Its not too much more expensive than youll spend on the new dash. I dont think. I was quoted $250 for real leather in whatever color or combo i wanted for my dash but now i want suede.then get your door panels done as soon as you can and youd be ahead of %95 of us as far an interior goes!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 530transam
id take the dash and have it recovered in leather or suede. Its not too much more expensive than youll spend on the new dash. I dont think. I was quoted $250 for real leather in whatever color or combo i wanted for my dash but now i want suede.then get your door panels done as soon as you can and youd be ahead of %95 of us as far an interior goes!
I really like this idea. I will definitely look into that.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

let us know what happens. Im 7 hours from the mexico border and i just learned about this place that will recover every inch of my interior in whatever suede and stich pattern i want, and install heaters and coolers in my seats for around 200 american dollars! im deffinately going to go check it out. Its one my incles old friends and he speaks english and does great work so i dont see a problem. Check it out it will look awesome!

Quick Reply: Should a get a New Dash or Dash Kit?