Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

clear lense problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default clear lense problem

i installed my clear lenses about three weeks ago and i've already used 4 bulbs onthe passenger side. some how water got into the housing and its been hell ever since. last weekend i added silicone around the entire housing and even on around the hole that you place the bulb into,but today i put on my right turn signal and it came on but it did not blink,when i looked inside the housing the bulb blew (literally). i tried drying out the socket but apparently that didn't work.....any suggestions
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drill small holes in the bottom of them it helps
Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
i installed my clear lenses about three weeks ago and i've already used 4 bulbs onthe passenger side. some how water got into the housing and its been hell ever since. last weekend i added silicone around the entire housing and even on around the hole that you place the bulb into,but today i put on my right turn signal and it came on but it did not blink,when i looked inside the housing the bulb blew (literally). i tried drying out the socket but apparently that didn't work.....any suggestions
I had the same problem, but I found out after two burnt bulbs, that the socket itself was burn and there for burning the bulbs. Look at the socket and if its brown around the edges or ever smells burn I bet this is the problem. Also no automotive stores had the socket so I had to go to GM to get it. I have the part number at home and it was almost $60 for the part. Took 5 mins to cut the old one off, splice the new one in, and no more problems. Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

try the small holes, thats what seems to work
Old 03-13-2007, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
I had the same problem, but I found out after two burnt bulbs, that the socket itself was burn and there for burning the bulbs. Look at the socket and if its brown around the edges or ever smells burn I bet this is the problem. Also no automotive stores had the socket so I had to go to GM to get it. I have the part number at home and it was almost $60 for the part. Took 5 mins to cut the old one off, splice the new one in, and no more problems. Hope this helps.
my socket is brown inside,i tried just drying but that didn't work,whenver you get a chance please send me that part number

Quick Reply: clear lense problem