Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlight Fitment Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlight Fitment Problem

I just installed my new halos today. Passanger side is in there perfect, flush with the hood and bumper and is solid. Driver side wiggles around, seems to be loose by the sliding tabs, and it is not flush with the bumper and hood. It sits about an inch and a half in. The factory lights were not like that and the car was never hit so I am guessing it is just because they are aftermarket???? Also if any of you guys had this same problem what did you do to fix it?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Launching!

The gap on the bottom of the lenses against the bumper can be fixed w/ washers on the bracket bolt. The bracket needs to be adjusted via the two phillips adjusting screws to make the lens flush as well as to adjust the headlight beams. Trust me, it's all about adjusting the brackets...
Old 03-31-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeSomething
The gap on the bottom of the lenses against the bumper can be fixed w/ washers on the bracket bolt. The bracket needs to be adjusted via the two phillips adjusting screws to make the lens flush as well as to adjust the headlight beams. Trust me, it's all about adjusting the brackets...
I did line the headlights up as to the beam adjustment. I parked the car in front of the garage door and adjusted the two adjusting screws. I guess I will go back and adjust it again for the fitment first. Do i put the washers on the back of that single bolt that holds the headlight?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Did you use the stock brackets or the ones that come attached to the halo's? I just finished up mine about 20 min ago and now just a little tweaking needs to be done when it gets dark. My drivers side halo fits fine with the stock bracket but my passenger side has a little gap because the screws got moved when I was figuring out how to wire everything up! If you used the aftermarket brackets try using the stock ones