Sponsored by: DashLynx

Window tint questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window tint questions...

Yes i've searched..

My issue is the very small bubbles around some edges... Is it too dry? Not clean enough? With most tint it wouldnt be noticeable, but doing 2.5% or 5%, and even 20% it gets to be VERY noticeable!

What am I doing wrong?

1. Fluid I use: I use dawn dish soap. I spray the tint film as well as the glass very very well.. I dont think there is such a thing as getting tint too wet is there!?

2. I use rubber squeegees to set/apply the tint.

3. No speed drying tools are used (ex. Hair dryer/heat gun)

4. whats the trick in doing front/rear windows that have those factory black dots on them (usually found in back windows towards the top, and in windshields by the mirror) Tint doesnt stick to this stuff very well.. Is there a trick!?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive heard that you can spray some clear where the dots are to make it a little more even and then the tint will stick. i didnt know of the problem until after i had my tint shop install it so i just cut away the tint from the top defroster line and up and then spray painted the dotted area black and you cant tell unless youre right up on it and looking for it.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevinclark09
ive heard that you can spray some clear where the dots are to make it a little more even and then the tint will stick. i didnt know of the problem until after i had my tint shop install it so i just cut away the tint from the top defroster line and up and then spray painted the dotted area black and you cant tell unless youre right up on it and looking for it.
You spray painted the dot area you have any pictures of that?? The place that did mine scratched my window there trying to sand the dots so I want to have it removed and try to paint it. Im afraid it wont stick well though the paint that is.

Quick Reply: Window tint questions...