Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what are your opinions on waterless car wash????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what are your opinions on waterless car wash????

Just wondering what everyone thinks cause I used this stuff before when i was in virginia and just recently found a reputable company to order some similar stuff and got it in last week....

My thoughts on it is that is is TOO FRIGGIN easy and i'm wondering why the hell anyone in their right mind still washes with water when this stuff both washes and waxes at the same time, requires no time consuming drying after an hour of washing and wasting water... I'm thinking about becoming a local distributor in my area for the stuff since i have numerous friends that have high end cars...... I used it on my camaro and my yukon with soft terry cloth towels being the only other requirement..... sprayed on, wiped off with dirt on the vehicle and sure enough, no scratches at all and a nice smooth waxed shiny leftover surface.... took 20 minutes to clean my camaro and about 25-30 to do my whole yukon SUV......

So anyone have any opinions that has used it as to why they did or did not like it???? Cuz if i'm going to become a distributor i'm trying to figure out what the downside to this stuff is? Maybe not enough advertisement or maybe people think that water is how they've always done it so it just seems like the right way????

TIA!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

Some people would buy it but I won't ever touch it.

I have a black SS and do detail work on the side. Half of my business comes from people who are lazy. The other half is made of of 25% of people who have used some kind of waterless car wash and the other 25% are the owners who **** their cars up by not washing/waxing correctly, sloppy prep or taking it to a pay and spray.

I know a few distributors of this kind of thing and they said it's not as profitable as you may think. There isn't a huge market for it and it's kind of like you're a door to door salesman overnight.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

The process works very weel for a lightly dusty car, if you are using a proven product.

If the car has a lot of dirt on the surface, you are just asking for trouble .. It will look great the first few times you use it on the dirty car, but with continued use, you will end up with tons of swirls, etc in your paint ..

If you are going to use it on lots of high end cars, would you please give them my number also, so I can fix them when they all start looking like crap??

I am not knocking the products, because some of them do a very nice job as long as they are used correctly, and not considered the answer to everything. ..

They just aren't designed to totally replace washing and waxing, no matter what the companies tell you ..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd use it... On a garage kept car that never saw the street.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a link to the product?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
9 Second Club

yeah it's here.... www.freedomwaterlesscarwash.com

sorry they aren't a sponsor so i don't know if i can link it.....

i ordered the product, it came in and it's worked exactly as advertised.... again you are correct that it works best on a lightly soiled vehicle and the company's info will tell you the same thing... but i'm thinking isn't that what nearly ALL the vehicles on this site are??? Cuz I know i don't let my race car get more than a coat of dust on it and this stuff works AWESOME as a quick touch up.......

I just think big companies that have alot to lose (Turtle wax, meguiar's, etc) don't want this stuff to succeed cuz they would stand to lose alot of money. And so far on both of my vehicles i have yet to see any spider web scratches other than the ones that were there from washing with water...
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
...And so far on both of my vehicles i have yet to see any spider web scratches other than the ones that were there from washing with water...
it isn't a big consipiracy .. if Meg's thoguht it worked, and they could make money with it, Barry would be on QVC in a heartbeat trying to sell it.

Look at your paint using a loop, using a xenon light ..

like I said .. some of the products work well .. but they are not for removing dirt .. and they do not replace a good wax or sealant for protection.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gipraw
The process works very weel for a lightly dusty car, if you are using a proven product.

If the car has a lot of dirt on the surface, you are just asking for trouble .. It will look great the first few times you use it on the dirty car, but with continued use, you will end up with tons of swirls, etc in your paint ..

If you are going to use it on lots of high end cars, would you please give them my number also, so I can fix them when they all start looking like crap??

I am not knocking the products, because some of them do a very nice job as long as they are used correctly, and not considered the answer to everything. ..

They just aren't designed to totally replace washing and waxing, no matter what the companies tell you ..
Right on the money in your assessment. The TX distributor of this product wanted me to start using it on my '95 Viper RT/10 back in 1997. But I learned quickly about its characteristics soon after becoming increasingly involved in the car care products business. It is just safer to wash a dirty vehicle.

After all the micro-marring is noticed, we'll have our TC-8 Swirl Cutter ready for correction.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
After all the micro-marring is noticed, we'll have our TC-8 Swirl Cutter ready for correction.

Good one. I 100% agree!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bboyferal
I'd use it... On a garage kept car that never saw the street.
I have that type of car. Every time I bring it out, it just rains shortly thereafter.

A long time ago, I did experiment with it for a short time and then learned.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:45 PM
9 Second Club

interesting info.... i do wish i had one of those lights so i can see the effects it will have on the paint.....

i definitely am going to do some more research about this stuff..... I am wondering though about the Texas distributor.. the guy that created this stuff is based way up north cause i had him on the phone.... are you sure it was the same stuff????
Old 06-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Teching In

I am not sure about the stuff that the link was given for, but I have used this stuff called dri wash n guard and it worked great. Like I said I have used it off and on for years on motorcycles, cars and trucks. When using waterless car wash you have to use common sense. If the vehicle is really dirty with mud and a lot of dirt then either spray it off real good or wash it. This is the only waterless car wash that I would use and it has been around a since 1991.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

I just watched the demo video from their site to show how good the product is. The guy wouldn't even touch the really dirty area's of the car. He just wiped off the parts that weren't nearly as dirty. Can't say that puts a lot of faith in the company and their products.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:09 PM
9 Second Club

Well in the post above it admits you don't use it for a mud caked vehicle.... But how many of us let our vehicles get covered in mud????

The worst my camaro gets is a thin layer of dust.... so the product works good for me since i don't feel like busting out the water hose every time the car is dusty...
Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would NEVER use this on my car. You are risking scratching the paint!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Well in the post above it admits you don't use it for a mud caked vehicle.... But how many of us let our vehicles get covered in mud????

The worst my camaro gets is a thin layer of dust.... so the product works good for me since i don't feel like busting out the water hose every time the car is dusty...

So what happens to the dust? Where does it go?

With a wash, it goes onto a mitt/sponge which then goes into a bucket of soapy water.

Without water/soap, how does the dust separate from the applicator? Additionally, if it leaves the surface "waxed," it's sealing anything left behind in.

Everytime the car is dusty for me, I wouldn't wash it either. I would just use a car duster, hit the car with detailer spray, and wipe with a mf towel... Would take me five minutes.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 PM
9 Second Club

the dust goes onto the microfiber towel that you use to wipe it off.... It's waterless. you spray it on and wipe it off.... it's not that stuff you spray on and leave it..... it's doing the same thing that you do with water and a mitt only without the water part all over the car making you haev to spend an hour drying the car....
Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you just give your car a good washing, and just touch it up every few days by taking it to the DIY car wash and rinsing it off with the "spot free rinse" Leaves my car looking like I just washed it
Old 06-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

i might want to try this.. can you pm me a link to the site to order up a set?

I would use it on my WIFES bmw and if it sucks.. oh well.. it aint my car lol
Old 06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I used a different product called Dri-N-Wash and my car was black. Everybody laughed at me for using that stuff and used it for yrs and people always scratched their head trying to figure out how my car looked so good when I spent very little time on it. I swear by the stuff even though I don't use it anymore. Meguiar's is all I use now but I still keep a bottle of the stuff.

Quick Reply: what are your opinions on waterless car wash????