Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

question about some paint. posted in paint and body and no luck

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question question about some paint. posted in paint and body and no luck

:edit: i posted this in paint and body work but can seem to get help from that section. so if some one can help me out with this.
hey guys i have a question about the paint for my car.
well i posted a thread a day or so ago just to be curious and i found my own ansewer but made a new question.
my question was whats the diff in the 2 paint codes my car i cayenne red met and i was looking for some in a spray can and only can find an alternate paint code #.
my code is wa122b cayenne red met base coat/clear coat and thats what it says on the door code.
all the parts stores have wa164b witch is the same name color and i went to a parts store that makes paint for body shops and he broke it down what the diff is.
the formula's for the 2 diff #'s are almost compleately oposite but i ends up makeing the same color.
they had a book with the 2 paint chips and the looked identical.
i was looking for a spray can to fix some area's on the car and also to paint my lid and so on and i cant find the paint thats factory in a spray can[122b] all i can find is 164b so even though the formulas are different will it still look the same? i will use base coat/clear coat for the parts.
sorry for the long post but i tryed to explain it the best i can lol.
thanks for the help guys
98 cayanne red z28-02 ws6 long block-a4-3:23 rear-droped-rimed up-got some bump-got some bolt on's
Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

ttt........................................
Old 07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't see your post in the Paint Forum but I can tell you it doesn't matter what the NAME of the color is, it's only the code and formula that matter.
For instance, what we and GM call Sebring Silver Metallic, most paint shops that bring up that formula, will have it listed as Bright Silver Metallic.

Bryan