Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

All Center Console Modder HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Center Console Modder HELP!

How in the frig do you get the 2 Cigarette Lighter plugs out without breaking anything? jesus... I had some bad scars on the panel and its out awaiting me to paint it... thing is i gotta get them bastards out of there first
Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

There should be two metal push clips on the back. The safe way to do it is remove the panel with the cup holder and access it from there. Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Default Ugh

LOL Metal clips...there is the metal surrounding two plastic clips on both sides...both panels are out of the car
Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 AM
SCRWS6

I never did figure out how to get that sucker out, just ended up working around it....I`m pretty sure since that piece was going to be pushed on and pulled on so much they wanted it to survive, so gonna be a PITA to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Teching In

This is funny as heck considering i thought it was great plague for us trying to get it out lol..still dk what the metal clips reply was but hey for those of you having this problem... here is the solution: Push the dang thing out... Yes the panel flexs and it feels like its going break but just push it comes out... I pushed the one out of lower console and it busted a hole in the drywall lol i had it sitting in the floor near my wall... but now i've cleaned the panel up a little and all that just to clean it and around it lol.. 130k on a car and it has a lot of dirty,grim,dried pop, etc.. lol but hey its done..