Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I want to badge my car 400hp when the time comes...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless it came from the factory that way or is a 800+rwhp badge, it's gay. Badging a 300rwhp car 400hp is posing.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by 93redBIRDman
good one newb
I love it when someone with 100 posts calls someone else a
Old 09-03-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

You have to take what people say here with a grain of salt. If you ask what's the best way to make your car look good here all you would ever hear is to put an SS hood and spoiler on your car.
I was thinking the drivetrain loss was closer to 15% personally but whatever.
I agree though, ALL factory cars are rating at the crank. So if you say your car has 400hp when it has 400rwhp you cutting yourself short. I mean someone with an LS2 Vette would then say they make the same amount of power as you eventhough you'd have a 60hp bonus on them.
Some of the people here just need to relax and get their panties out of a knot.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 PM

Put some SS badges on your V-6 while your at it.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

check with third shift solutions, they can hook you up on a badge.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

this thread makes me laugh everytime I read it, but as of now it is pointless because people want to be dicks and stray from the topic, how cute. Thanks for everyone that helped with where I should get badges or where I should put the badges, I do appreciate it Anyone else can go hijack and ruin other peoples' threads and hopefully feel better about themselves when its all said and done haha, have fun

And nice badges joblo1978, looks pretty sick
Old 09-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tram
You have a 400hp badge on a 344 horsepower car.. Man, you are a pretty neato guy..
They didn't make a 344 RWHP decal, so I opted for the other.

I didnt' think it was worth it to take the engine out just to put it on a dyno just for some decals.

Why advertise a stock HP rating on a fully tuned and bolt-on car? That would be just as dumb as you are acting about now.

Your just pissed that my numbers are higher than yours it seems.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How are the GTO badges and Vette badges a bad comparision? That whole statement is not logically consistent, trying to justify it because GM put it on (people that work at GM) doesn't make it a valid point. Does that mean that the Blackbirds don't have 380 HP because the manufacturer didn't put it on? Or that a base model f-body with aftermarket wheels bigger than 16's doesn't really have them because the door sticker still says 16's? What if the engine was dyno'd on an engine dyno and made 500 HP, you're gonna tell the guy that he can't put a 500 HP badge on his car? . Honestly I don't care what badges go on whose car, until the title is in your name, don't tell them what to do.

You have a 400hp badge on a 344 horsepower car.. Man, you are a pretty neato guy..
Who put you in charge or the HP badging?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ kids? I'm not saying your opinion shouldn't count, all of them do. However, to blatently say someone is wrong and they should only do something one way, and to make smartass remarks when they do is past opinions. For the record, my car has ZERO badges anywhere, nothing, no Pointiac fill-ins, firebird, trans am, engine size, HP, nothing. I just don't think that a RWHP rating is the only way or the highway when it comes to HP badges.

RWHP badges are impressive though, there is a NBM SS that roles around here with a very subtle '649RWHP' badge on the scoop, but you have to admit that your average Joe would assume that would be engine HP and not RW.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

Eh.. I'm not in charge.. I don't care what you kiddos do to your cars.. They are your cars..

If you want to paint them in the colors of the rainbow and put a "Homo's with LS1's" badge on it, hey, it's your parade..

Why is it not ok for me to think it's gay?

You kids want your opinions to count, my anti-badge opinion should count.. My car doesn't have any bages on it.. Firebird, Trans Am, Firehawk, Pontiac, 400HP or anything..

I'm sorry guys, I've hurt your feelings.. Badge away fellas.. BADGE AWAY!
For someone who "doesn't care", you seem to have some strong assenine opinions. Who asked you what you thought anyway? The thread wasn't about your opinions, it was about a fact of where to get them. Quit hijacking threads....Kiddo!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned

Considering that I've never had anyone say they didn't like how my car looked...here you go Tram, I took it off and changed it, just for you.

Better? Happy now?

Old 09-03-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

mehhh, wait till you're hitting 600 crank HP then throw a nice 500HP up there and you'll be impressive to the car nuts as well as the regulars
Old 09-03-2007, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

in my opinion, i would wait til i did a dyno run, and put on the rwhp badge. but if you wanna put on the crank #then that is cool too. either way, it is what the car is putting out, just in diff spots. but again, for the guy who started this thread, i am sorry for all this bullshit going on in this thread, all of us are not bitchy like them. just go to ls1.com and look up thirdshiftsolutions and i am sure he can hook you up with a badge. matter of fact i just remembered he has a cool looking hp badge. let us know if you find you one.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joblo1978
Considering that I've never had anyone say they didn't like how my car looked...here you go Tram, I took it off and changed it, just for you.

Better? Happy now?

I like that..

It's funny, you guys are getting all up in arms over the fact that I wouldn't badge my car and I think they are gay.. It's my opinion boys.. Just like you like them..

Sorta like.. Do you prefer redheads, brunettes, blondes... We all have different likes/dislikes..

Anyway, I've deleted some of my comments to attempt to not come off as so much of a *****..

Didn't one of you make the wise comment about a bunch of people getting their panties in a bunch?

This is getting silly..

I think it's gay..
You guys don't..

Very simple.. End of story..

Last edited by Tram; 09-03-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, I am stupider for having read this thread. I wish I could have the last 5 minutes of my life back...
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
You have to take what people say here with a grain of salt. If you ask what's the best way to make your car look good here all you would ever hear is to put an SS hood and spoiler on your car.
I was thinking the drivetrain loss was closer to 15% personally but whatever.
I agree though, ALL factory cars are rating at the crank. So if you say your car has 400hp when it has 400rwhp you cutting yourself short. I mean someone with an LS2 Vette would then say they make the same amount of power as you eventhough you'd have a 60hp bonus on them.
Some of the people here just need to relax and get their panties out of a knot.

I say badge it like it would have if it came from the factory. Even old aftermarket tuners from as far back as the 60's have been doing it. Even today.

http://muscle-car-resto.com/blog/?page_id=67

Someone tell Lingenfelter to quit advertising this as a 725hp car! It's not RWHP OMFG DSJLIJLKWJ:WD:W@!!!~

http://jalopnik.com/cars/cobra_la_la...pen-269109.php

Someone tell Shelby to stop calling this a 725hp snake! It's not RWHP OMFG SAKLJLK:QDJO:WDFJ!!~!!~

You guys in here need to chill the **** out and get back to argueing over clear corners vs smoked, and who makes the best SS wing.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Someone tell Lingenfelter to quit advertising this as a 725hp car! It's not RWHP OMFG DSJLIJLKWJ:WD:W@!!!~

http://jalopnik.com/cars/cobra_la_la...pen-269109.php

Someone tell Shelby to stop calling this a 725hp snake! It's not RWHP OMFG SAKLJLK:QDJO:WDFJ!!~!!~
Haha

Hahahahahahaha
Old 09-04-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Regular

Badging should be done by crank horsepower imo. Thats how much power your engine is actually making..

If you're worried about explaining numbers to people, it's alot easier to tell a gearhead "At the crank" than explaining to a non-gearhead(you know, like a hot girl), that it's at the rear wheels, and the engine actually makes 400.

I would rather impress girls that fat old men, thank you.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

OK... if you drop a 600 hp motor in yer car and its pushing 500 at the wheels.... when u talk about it would u rather say it has 600 hp or 500hp? I think 99% of people would take the 600 hp at the crank over 500 at the wheels... its yer car bro... if u know u got the 400 hp at the crank i think its ground for badging if you want... yer car not anyone elses here... do what YOU want... damn people talk to much trash over a damn forum.... He asked for pics of 400hp badges. . .where a good place to put them... and if theres any other one then bfranker... So a normal forum response would be hey put it here. . heres a pic of mine.. and i got these from here... not whether you think he should do this or do that... if he wanted yer opinion he would have asked..... lets read the question a little better
Old 09-04-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chevrolet02z28
OK... if you drop a 600 hp motor in yer car and its pushing 500 at the wheels.... when u talk about it would u rather say it has 600 hp or 500hp? I think 99% of people would take the 600 hp at the crank over 500 at the wheels... its yer car bro... if u know u got the 400 hp at the crank i think its ground for badging if you want... yer car not anyone elses here... do what YOU want... damn people talk to much trash over a damn forum.... He asked for pics of 400hp badges. . .where a good place to put them... and if theres any other one then bfranker... So a normal forum response would be hey put it here. . heres a pic of mine.. and i got these from here... not whether you think he should do this or do that... if he wanted yer opinion he would have asked..... lets read the question a little better

Quick Reply: I want to badge my car 400hp when the time comes...