Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

best cleaner for the underbody

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best cleaner for the underbody

hey guys, well i have a few issues with the bottom of my car. First off, i ran dumps hung right off the headers, and one night, i installed the wideband 02, and had it ran as the narrowband, and didnt know it wasnt calibrated right. Long story short, it was night time, and I noticed the car would bog when youg ave it gas. looked in teh rear view mirror, and it would dump so much fuel, i couldnt see the cars behind me from the soot. Anyhow, pulled into a parking lot and unplugged the maf to run in SD and got it home an situated. So, basically the entire underside of the car is COVERED in black soot. I tried to go to the car wash, and power wash it, but it didnt do a damn thing to it, even with the degreaser they have there. WHAT in gods name should I use to clean this off with? I would like to get the underside of my car pretty cleaned up this winter here, and get all that black **** off there. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Teching In

come on guys. surelly someone has had to clean soot off the bottom of there car before..
Old 01-18-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Simple Green and a pressure washer worked for me!! FYI you should of posted in the Maintenance threads for this type of stuff!Thanx!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ Same here I did it the other day. Simple green, a brush and a pressure washer.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Simple Green
Old 01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Teching In

sweet, ill give it a shot here this winter when I get the car out to dads heated garage. gonna be interesting tryign to stay dry doing that one

Quick Reply: best cleaner for the underbody