Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wetsanding House of Kolor paint?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ? about wetsanding House of Kolor paint, paint/bodymen C.I.

i have just got back the tank and fenders off the harley dyna glide and i had the painter paint them a house of color candy blue. i have been giving two different thoughts on wetsanding the areas. the painter himself said i should wetsand 24 hours after the paint was baked on. another friend of mine says (who is a bodyman himself) you should wait 2 weeks to wetsand. i hear from the original painter house of kolor says with these new paints to wetsand the clear right away after it bakes on the tanks and fenders. what should i do? who do i listen to? anyone know that is a bodyman/painter? i dont want to mess this up, it wasnt cheap.

TIA!
Old 07-18-2003, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ? about wetsanding House of Kolor paint, paint/bodymen C.I.

You need to find out if the clear coat is Acrylic Urethane or not. Acrylic Urethane must be wetsanded within a few days or it will get to hard to sand, and you will not be able to get a clear deep shine no matter how much polishing you do. I'm 99.9% sure house of color is Acrylic Urethane. I sell automotive paint for a living, but house of color is not one of them.