Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

waht do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default waht do you guys think?

I'm not going to post this as a poll because i want to hear reasonings behind opinions...

i've got a bit of body damage on my 02 SS, not enough that I really want to pay the deductible for insurance and not enough that it's super embarrassing. Honestly no one even notices unless they're a car guy or I point it out.

that's pretty much the worst of it. all the paint just needs to be touched up due to some welding splatter - and the rear bumper needs to needs to be sprayed because it's all cracked and from someone else backing into me.

car has bad luck.

So I'm sitting here debating whether or not I should just put money away to paint the car or have insurance fix it. I've basically got 3 options.

1- Insurance fixes the big part, I have the side and rear painted out of my pocket all back to stock.

2- Insurance fixes the front, uninsured motorist fixes the rear and I have the side painted myself and the whole cars gets painted.

or the one I'm really considering

3- I pay to paint the car myself, change the color to SOM and add a CME

Obviously in either of the latter cases I'll be waiting awhile and driving around with a little body damage... but I think in the end it would be worth it.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i vote you put her back to stock with whichever is the cheapest out of YOUR pocket. its a damn good lookin car as is, no reason to do a full color change IMO. wait until you have your CME rounded up, and then get the CME valence molded to the rear bumper and have all your paint done. it'll be hawt
Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks mint as it is.. everyone wants to paint there car these days.. just get your parts needing to be repainted and do it. Spend the money on some mods.

Your car looks clean as it is!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good as is. I would say get the CME and then have the skirt piece painted with the front and rear bumpers.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

fix it then sell it then buy a som ss youll be much happier
Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now
fix it then sell it then buy a som ss youll be much happier
I had an 01 SOM SS a couple of years ago, just can't bring myself to buy another one unless I'm going to buy a REALLY low milage one and leave it totally stock, and there's no sense in selling a car just to buy the same one in a different color lol.

Originally Posted by mattl31
i vote you put her back to stock with whichever is the cheapest out of YOUR pocket. its a damn good lookin car as is, no reason to do a full color change IMO. wait until you have your CME rounded up, and then get the CME valence molded to the rear bumper and have all your paint done. it'll be hawt
my deductible is 1250 dollars, so no matter what I do it won't be "cheap" per-say. option 1 would definitely be the cheapest though. and thanks

Originally Posted by blackops22

Your car looks mint as it is.. everyone wants to paint there car these days.. just get your parts needing to be repainted and do it. Spend the money on some mods.

Your car looks clean as it is!
Thanks I painted my last car and (other than it still being a slow pile) was happy with the results. SOM wasn't my only color option but I think it'd be the easiest to do. Just not sure I want to spend the extra $$ to have the job done right (paint engine bay, door jambs etc).

Originally Posted by ezekielta
Looks good as is. I would say get the CME and then have the skirt piece painted with the front and rear bumpers.
this is probably what i'm going to save to do. still going to cost me like 2k between the deductible and CME but oh well.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

hey dude i feel ya on the bad luck, my car has been hit 6 times parked....

Quick Reply: waht do you guys think?