Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Formula Headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula Headlight problem

So far my headlights have worked flawlessly except for some blown bulbs. The headlight motors move at the same speed and work pretty quick.

We had some really bad weather yesterday (tornadoes etc) and my car was stuck outside because I was at a friends house when the storm hit. The hail started falling and I thought my glass and T-tops were toast for sure. Some of the hail stones were 2" in diameter. As soon as it stopped I went outside to check on my car and it was fine! Not a single ding or scratch that I can tell. 1990's GM's excessive use of plastic body panels actually paid off for once.

When I got in my car to leave I turned on the headlights and the driver side didn't come all the way up. It stopped at about half way. The motor still looked and sounded the same as before. It didn't lose any speed, it just stopped earlier. It was dark and I had to drive home so I coaxed (ok I pulled it up) it into place. When I got home and turned the lights of it closed probably 3/4 of the way.

Is it possible that some strong winds messed with the headlight adjustment? Or is this a sign of a headlight motor going out?

I searched for a while and couldn't find anything that sounded quite like this. Apparently the search is pretty picky.

It seemed really odd that it would work fine and then all of the sudden not want to work right with no other signs of a bad motor.

Anyone had a similar issue before?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

when i had my old 94 firehawk, my driverside headlight would always mess up and not come up, i replaced it numerous times, gets annoying.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

That isn't making me feel any better lol. I'm gonna go out tomorrow and fiddle with it I guess. I had too many tree limbs on the ground to try it yesterday.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know if i understood exactly your problem.. i skimmed over it.. but theres multiple screws in different places with plastic pieces.. make sure that non of your plastic pieces are broken/worn.. and all adjustments are correct... hope that might help?

Quick Reply: Formula Headlight problem