Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quick Hid Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Hid Question

I Found A Place To Get Acrua Tsx Projectors For 160 A Pair. The Question Is I Am Not Sure If I Want To Get The Complete Kit With Ballasts, D2s Bulbs And Wire Harness From Them For $370, Or Go With Another Company For The Bulbs And Ballasts. My Real Question Is When I Order What Type Of Bulb System I Have What Do I Tell Them ( Ie 9007, 9006, H7, H9 Ect) Because They Do Not Make A Factory Connection For Our Cars I Will Need To Splice The Wires Together. Anyone Run Into That Problem? Also I Think My Low Beam Has 3 Wires Coming Out Of It What Is That All About?
Old 03-20-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

h7 will probably be the easiers because the bulb has to prongs on the end of it and you cont get the female end basic connector from any place that has wiring supplies (autozone, advance, whoever) and that will be one of the simplist ways its how mine is set up but i dont have projectors for my hids
Old 03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Well Heres The Thing I'm Not Talking About The Bulb Side Of The Circuit I'm Talking About Hooking Up The Power Feed From The Original Head Light Connector To The Ballast Of The Hid Connector. The Bulbs Them Selfs Are D2s Which Means The Ballasts Have A Special Connection For That What I Am Saying Is Giving Power To The Ballasts
Old 03-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You can do anything you want for the power connection. In this instance, The actual power connector doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that you have matched male/female pairs and that they can handle the power requirements (any bulb connector such as male/female 9005/9006 pairs are fine). I have H9 connectors on mine because my projectors originally used H9 bulbs (I have a 4300 H9 HID retrofit kit in them now). Unfortunately, there are no male H9 connectors so I had to make some by breaking the base off some new bulbs. You could even hard-wire the ballasts to power if you want, but I'd recommend sticking with a standard bulb connection, preferably something with a good seal (not H4,H7, H4701/H4701 etc). Basically use a connector that makes a good firm seal (example: 9005/9006, H9, etc).

Are the TSX projectors bi-xenon and if so, are you retaining the high-beam function? If so, then get three-wire bulbs connectors (connectors intended for hi/lo applications).
Old 03-21-2008, 05:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by VIP1
You can do anything you want for the power connection. In this instance, The actual power connector doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that you have matched male/female pairs and that they can handle the power requirements (any bulb connector such as male/female 9005/9006 pairs are fine). I have H9 connectors on mine because my projectors originally used H9 bulbs (I have a 4300 H9 HID retrofit kit in them now). Unfortunately, there are no male H9 connectors so I had to make some by breaking the base off some new bulbs. You could even hard-wire the ballasts to power if you want, but I'd recommend sticking with a standard bulb connection, preferably something with a good seal (not H4,H7, H4701/H4701 etc). Basically use a connector that makes a good firm seal (example: 9005/9006, H9, etc).

Are the TSX projectors bi-xenon and if so, are you retaining the high-beam function? If so, then get three-wire bulbs connectors (connectors intended for hi/lo applications).
ok thats what i thought also i'm just going to hard wire and soilder the connections. and no the tsx projectors are low beam only i am going to keep the halogen high beams working i might replace them and get silverstars in there. around here there's a fair amount of traffic so to keep turning on high beam hid's would probly wear out the ballasts faster then the turn signal switch
Old 07-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Did you finish the TSX retro?

Quick Reply: Quick Hid Question