Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

T/A console swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A console swap questions

I'm swapping parts between cars and ran into a question on how best to secure the front of the 97+ console when installing it into a 93-96 firebird?

The 97+ six speed console I have has 4 mounting locations (2 in front and 2 in the storage box). The two tabs at the front of the console don't line up with the dash I have in the 95 firebird so I wasn't sure how others who had swapped the consoles were securing the front the of console?

I'm contemplating finding some sort of doublesided foam tape for between the dash and console or driving a couple of screws down fron under the environmental controls into the console etc...

The other question I ran into is how to get the e brake back far enoughtto lift the console out?

Take it easy
Brewski
Old 03-22-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the fitment issues, but to get your console out, you have to use a screwdriver to move the gear off the teeth of the handbrake so itll pull back to almost vertical. Theres a good picture and description here: http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm You'd be referring to figures 4 and 5. Hope this helps

Quick Reply: T/A console swap questions