Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions on quite a large project...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on quite a large project...

I've got a black 98 t/a with red accents, and i've always wanted a black (ebony as gm calls it?) interior but unfortunately I could only find that lighter charcoal gray. My question, is how much would it cost to completely convert the interior to black? After seeing those leather kits that were on a gp recently it's making me think again of how badass a red/black exterior would be paired up with a black interior and red inserts on the seats.

I was thinking it's possible to remove each plastic piece and paint it, but i'm not sure how good this would look? Is it possible to paint the pieces so they don't gloss? The last thing i'd want is for the entire interior to be reflecting sunlight at me...

Also, how much do some of the gm interior pieces cost or where could I find part numbers to get pricing? I have some pieces that have scratches/gouges in them anyway that I could probably just replace with ebony pieces and then paint the rest to match.

This seems like a good project to start next summer when I have 3 or 4 months break from college and a garage to work in.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!
Nick.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:27 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Questions on quite a large project...

The most expensive parts to do the comversion the right way would be the dash, carpet, door panels and seat covers. The head liner, plastic panels and console aren't too costly.

Good luck
Old 08-01-2003, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I looked at changing the interior of my truck. I've never seen an interior plastic panel painted that looked good after a few months. Every upholestry shop I talked to said the same thing. To dye the panels. But none of them could ever tell me where to get the dye!? Go figure. I suppose if you do an internet on "interior dye" you might come up with something. hope that helps.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:24 PM
00z
On The Tree

i found a company at SEMA that made a real good paint it dries fast and flexes with the applied part. if your interested PM me and i'll try to steer you in the right direction.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Hey Richieg,

If I place twice as many strategically placed japanese imported chrome stickers, will I see a 60 hp gain?

Man, then I will be a bad ***!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Launching!

I changed mine out from charcoal to ebony.
I bought all the plastic panels new from GM. I installed 02 ebony T/A seats, ebony 02 Camaro leather door panels, ebony seat belts and ebony console. I left the carpet, dash and headliner as it was since it was dark charcoal anyway. I have total close to $2k in just that stuff alone.
Here are the P/N's for the plastic panels that are common to the T/A and Camaro.
LH T-Top / Headliner Extension Trim - Ebony 10410095
RH T-Top / Headliner Extension Trim - Ebony 10410094
LH Rear Qtr Panel - Ebony (Back Seat Side Panel) 10410085
RH Rear Qtr Panel - Ebony (Back Seat Side Panel) 10410084
LH Rear Hatch Qtr Pnl - Ebony 10308659
RH Rear Hatch Qtr Pnl - Ebony 10308660
Molding - Hatch Trim - Ebony 10410257
Molding - Hatch Trim - Ebony 10410258
Cover - Hatch Trim - Ebony 10423881
LH Kick Pnl - Ebony 10409937
RH Kick Pnl - Ebony 10308654
Old 08-02-2003, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you guys have way too much damn money .... $2000 just to make your interior black instead of grey?

i just don't get it.. i guess its because i only make $5.50 an hour and barely can pay my car payment?

::Austin::

Quick Reply: Questions on quite a large project...