Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

clear protection

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 01:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clear protection

www.cleartastic.com

Does anyone make this for the Camaros? It is a great idea and I could about swear I saw it for Camaros somewhere. I know afterthoughts auto has it for the headlights but I want it for the body. Thanks

Michael
Old 08-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: clear protection

3M has been using this stuff for quite some time. Their product is proven through years of usage and dealerships endorse it such as Porsche, Audi, Chevrolet etc... so you know it works.

Just saw a guy with the 3M verison on his Z06, it looked really nice and he had it everywhere, perfect way to preserve your car.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Joe -

I found some info it if more people are interested. I talked to the clearmask guy in texas and he said that they would do a camaro for about 450. That including materials and labor. Price seems a little high but they effectiveness of this product seems worth it to me. Here are some websites about it:

http://cms.3m.com/cms/US/en/2-168/clelFFC/view.jhtml
http://www.clearmask.com
Old 08-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

400.00 is decent considering you only need to do this once and your set for years upon years. I would pay much more. It is very hard to apply properly. 3M has an entire front mask for the Camaro's, covers the entire front of the car, even the lip below on the bottom of the front bumper, covers the front of the hood, the headlights and the mirrors. The only other spots I would ever apply this 3M stuff to is the rear of the wheel wells.

It's great stuff, I just wish I purchased my car new, it would of been on the car before I drove it home.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

You said you saw a guy with it on his vette... was it very noticable? Was it obvious were the the lines were? I would really like to get some of this but am a little weary cause its sight unseen.

Quick Reply: clear protection