Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Fog Light Question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fog Light Question.

I had front end damage to my car recently and it was fixed by insurance. Well, they only replaced one fog light, so one is very clear and the inside ''silver'' piece is very shiny. Now my other one is dull so it looks dumb when you look at both.

My question is...is there a way to pop the lense off the fog light with out breaking it to clean the lense and the inside silver part, or do I need a whole new unit? Thanks for the input!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
I had front end damage to my car recently and it was fixed by insurance. Well, they only replaced one fog light, so one is very clear and the inside ''silver'' piece is very shiny. Now my other one is dull so it looks dumb when you look at both.

My question is...is there a way to pop the lense off the fog light with out breaking it to clean the lense and the inside silver part, or do I need a whole new unit? Thanks for the input!
i would like to know the same thing...i bought some hid conversion kit for the lamps and the fogs, and when i turn them on the fogs seem lighter then the headlamps, and i think its cuz the fogs are to dirtyfrom the inside....oh and the hids are all the same k. temp
Old 07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Teching In

just take the light out,,,and get alittle brush and clean them for the inside,,,thats wht i did
Old 07-09-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm trying to stay away from taking the bulb out. For some reason, that **** didn't wanna go back in last time and took for ever!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've taken my lenses off before. Required that I put them in the oven (same process as the whistler mod). Just gotta clean off the leftover silicone residue, apply new silicone, and put the lens back on when you're done.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

hell, mine just fell off last weekend, and the car doesn't even have 6000 miles on it yet. it was loose for a while, it just fell off in my hand. it is an original piece, it has the gm numbers on it...
Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon87transam
hell, mine just fell off last weekend, and the car doesn't even have 6000 miles on it yet. it was loose for a while, it just fell off in my hand. it is an original piece, it has the gm numbers on it...
If only we were all so lucky lol
Old 07-11-2008, 05:36 AM
On The Tree

yeah, i know. the flip side to that is that unlike everybody that has miles, i can't really go and drive this too much. i still enjoy it, but not as much if it had 30,000 to 50,000 miles. if it makes you feel any better, the other side that didn't fall off has cracks around the entire lens on the edges, they both need replaced and have hardly been used!

Quick Reply: Fog Light Question.