Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove Home today

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove Home today

I finally after 8 months later got to drive the trans am from the shop to my house. The tranny came back and after we installed it cranked right up. Thanks for the help Performabuilt (Frank).

Only problem now is when the car is put into park it acts just like neutral, i can physically move the car, found out the hard way, my car rolled outta the drive way tonight, didnt hit nothin, anyone know what the cause of that is?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it might be an issue with a cable adjustment. First thing to do is to make sure that the cable bracket on the trans is tight and also that the lever is tight on the shift shaft on the trans. If that is all good to rule out the trans or the cable, I would disconnect the cable directly from the shifter lever and move the lever as far forward to the front of the car. That would be the park position. If park is achieved then I would suspect that the cable is bad or out of adjustment. Good luck. Vince
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

As Vince mentioned unhook the shifter cable then rotate the linkage fully clockwise then adjust the linkage to the same position with the shifter in park

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, problem fixed, thanks guys