Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knocking coming from 4l60e bellhousing

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default knocking coming from 4l60e bellhousing

Soo I took my jeep offroad for first time, I never really went WOT on the engine or anything. After I got back, I noticed a slight knocking noise coming from the bellhousing area(I got underneath, its def. coming from the bellhousing-torque converter area).

Any ideas what this could be? I've found that it might be a loose torque converter/flex plate bolt. I've also heard that my flexplate might be cracked

You guys are pretty smart when it comes to transmissions, what do yall think?

its a 4L60E
Old 11-17-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

could be loose converter, maybe the bolts came out or are starting too...also maybe your flexplate is messed up, i would be willing to bet on this...im sure there is others though.. also is your dust cover on the bellhousing or did you ever remove it?? if you removed it, maybe something got in there?? but i think you about covered them all in your OP..

is the tranny and tc stock??
Old 11-17-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
could be loose converter, maybe the bolts came out or are starting too...also maybe your flexplate is messed up, i would be willing to bet on this...im sure there is others though.. also is your dust cover on the bellhousing or did you ever remove it?? if you removed it, maybe something got in there?? but i think you about covered them all in your OP..

is the tranny and tc stock??

the trans was upgraded to synergy clutch discs and has a torque converter from a trailblazer 5.3L/4L60E

I do not have the duster cover on because it did not come with the transmission from the guy i bought it from, I'll get a flash light and look up in there and see if i can see anything

thanks for the reply

Quick Reply: knocking coming from 4l60e bellhousing