Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Problem, please help

I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 A4 with just a few mods:bolts on and 212/218cam. Last week i start feeling that transmission was weird, when i jump on the gas and it down shift, the revs were like crazy weird, they increase and the car really didnt advance that much, but that just lasta few seconds. Last night i took the car out and as soon as i went WOT, the revs went up but the car didnt really move. Right know it get in gear if you try to play with the transmission, but it only drives for a few meters and then it spins and the cars start moving. I am not to familiar with transmission problems, so if you can help me with these and tell me your reomendatios i will appreciated. If you dont understand what i wrote just ask me(english is not my first language)

But my concern is that i have NEVER really see a repair transmission for a DD that last even 2 years. All the guys that i know that have paid around $1,000 or even more for a repair, has had bad experiences.

If i have to change it for a new one, what is your sugestion. RIght now i have 370rwhp but i am looking forward to hit 400-450rwhp. I want a trans that will last at least 4-5years(60000miles).

Last edited by juanjuan07; 11-18-2008 at 09:45 AM.