Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 Case Swap, this a decent kit, anyone in S. MN who could do it CHEAP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 700R4 Case Swap, this a decent kit, anyone in S. MN who could do it CHEAP?

Well, first off, I got a trans from a guy on here and it turned out to be a lemon (haven't installed it yet) due to a cracked case. I already spent way too much on it and now I have to spend more on it, more that I don't have! It's a 'built' trans, and I asked and got no response on what all was done specifically other than it's not got more than 5K on it. Long story short, I plan to have my original case swapped onto this one. I can get just the gasket and seals kit for $25~, but people here awhile back mentioned I should really overhaul it to be safe. Well sadly as I said, I don't quite have the funds for that since the swapping alone with run me $300 + the minimum of $25 on that kit. Overall I'm a sad panda!

So with all that said, is this a fair kit to nab to at least have some things available in case there are bits needing to be replaced, or should I have the guy tear it apart and tell me what all I should get first?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...4506.m20.l1116

And to the last bit, is on here in Minnesota that would be willing to help a guy get his Firebird back on the road for cheaper than $300? I'll throw in a case of beer, just so long as you drink it after you're done with the transmission for the day

I've love to do tons of thins to this trans, like the 5 gear planetary, sun gear etc. But I can't However, if there's some small things you guys would really recommend doing that are cheap and don't require upgrades of other parts, like say a bigger band, by all means let me know

Thanks.