Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E controller?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4L60E controller?

My project started out with the idea of using an LS1 with a 6 speed in my 67 Chevy II. Since then I have decided to change it out for a 4L60E trans. My question is; my engine is a 99 and I have the engine controller that came with it which I understand will control a trans, do I need a 99 trans for the computer to work with it? Or will any 4L60E trans work as long as I have the wiring harness for an electronic trans? Are some years better than others?
Thanks for any input.
Jay
Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bracket Boy
My project started out with the idea of using an LS1 with a 6 speed in my 67 Chevy II. Since then I have decided to change it out for a 4L60E trans. My question is; my engine is a 99 and I have the engine controller that came with it which I understand will control a trans, do I need a 99 trans for the computer to work with it? Or will any 4L60E trans work as long as I have the wiring harness for an electronic trans? Are some years better than others?
Thanks for any input.
Jay
You will want to stay with a 97 or later LS Style transmission. The later model 4l70e's are stronger if you can get one. The electronic will function but you will still have to tune it for your axle and tire size.

Quick Reply: 4L60E controller?