Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help!!!

LOL, I didn't break anything but has anyone had a hard time pulling the trigger on getting a larger converter?? I have had a few questions and the sponsors have been great! I am just timid about dropping 700.00 and not knowing what I am getting into, funny thing I have installed probably 50 of them in f-body's but never have driven one! Biggest fear is the Trans taking a **** on me but I will have a cooler on it and I dont go to the track, I dont really street race but do beat on it now and then but I guess the biggest question is if it is worth the money just for MY pure enjoyment??? I will not go over 3600 and the cam I will put in will not be larger that 228/228, it is my daily. Currently it is a stock 98 ls1 that runs like a ****, I have longtubes, ory, LS6 cam, intake, lid, !air,!egr, !TQ management, 3.23 gears, car is tuned and put down around 335 with the ls6 cam through the stock stall. I have also seen a lot of stalls in the for sale section with low miles and are a great deal but I am relucrant to buy a ''USED'' one. I guess I need a PUSH!!!!! Will it help running other cars on the highway?? I cant do **** over 40 it takes to long to get the revs up......I am a car behind by the time the thing gets up to 4k and starts pulling!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Decision, decisions. It will definitely help out on the launch and top end. It gets you and keeps you in the power band. I have the "2C" rated at 3200-3400 and the "3C" rated at 350-3700. Both great for street cars with the stock gears. the "2C" being a little more street-able, but not as much flash so performance is compromised a little. I would suggest getting a big cooler to take away any extra heat that the higher stall converter will produce. That will help the life of the transmission a lot. Tough decisions but once you get it in a get used to the extra throttle pressure needed for daily driving you can't help but smile every time you punch it!!! Good luck

Chris
Old 04-01-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I have been thinking about your TB Stalls too, i just cant find any info on what people think of them. I dont want a track car, 90% or more of the time it will be driven normal(moderate throttle) I do NOT baby the car at all but I dont floor it much either, just the normal get to the speed limit as fast as you can with out burning a tank of gas! What is the feedback on the TB stalls and there reliability? Thanks! So far I am still stuck, I have watched every stalled LS1 video I can find
Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

They are a nice option, for a stock car or something with a baby cam. They are a stock TB I6 converter modified, so it is stronger and has more stall, but nothing like the smaller 245MM series. You mentioned a 228/228 cam. I think you would benefit more from the 245MM version stall. I know what you are saying and street manors, tough decision. If you got the "2C" mentioned above I really think you would get used to the slip in about a week. After that all you notice is the performance.

Chris