Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help transgo hd-2 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help transgo hd-2 question

Ok im in the middle of installing a the shift kit,the paper direction SUCKS! but any how it said drill holes (.093) at certain points is that just thru the seperator plate? or while on the trans? i have a 98 camaro btw please help!! o how many shims do you guys put in i was thinking 2 for me?
Old 04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Just through the separator plate, And the shims are up to you, I use none but then I use a billet servo too.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Just through the separator plate, And the shims are up to you, I use none but then I use a billet servo too.
damm that was fast...thanks man keep checking for my questions because im not done yet lol!!! thanks.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Banned

I'd use one shim washer, or even none. The 1-2 shift is the most firm stock anyway and adding the shim washers firms it up at low rpm, low speed and can get very annoying.

Plus drilling the second feed hole as instructed by the kit will also firm it up.

The best part is, if you ever want to change the shim washers you just need to pull the pan down and take out three bolts.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Launching!

ok it said to drill holes in the separator plate in like 7 or 8 places,and theirs 2 drill bits with the kit 1 is .o93 and the other is .o82 which one do i use and do i drill all places that are marked?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I personally use the .093 for all the holes the arrows point to except the 2-3 shift then I use a .101 and I leave the 1-2 accumulator stock no shims to me makes for a nice prgressive shift as throttle is increased. If you decide you want more for the 1-2 you can always add a spacer to it later.

If you do the shims for the 1-2 servo on side of trans after installing place the car in neutral not running and make sure you can turn the drive shaft both ways assuming wheels are off the ground and brakes are not on. it should turn both ways but one way will be a little harder than the other, You should be able to do this by hand if it will only turn one way remove a shim.

Make very very sure that the three bolts marked (8) are put back in the correct location.

When you put the regulator valve in MAKE VERY SURE the clip is in it groove if it pops out you will be stranded.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I personally use the .093 for all the holes the arrows point to except the 2-3 shift then I use a .101 and I leave the 1-2 accumulator stock no shims to me makes for a nice prgressive shift as throttle is increased. If you decide you want more for the 1-2 you can always add a spacer to it later.

If you do the shims for the 1-2 servo on side of trans after installing place the car in neutral not running and make sure you can turn the drive shaft both ways assuming wheels are off the ground and brakes are not on. it should turn both ways but one way will be a little harder than the other, You should be able to do this by hand if it will only turn one way remove a shim.

Make very very sure that the three bolts marked (8) are put back in the correct location.

When you put the regulator valve in MAKE VERY SURE the clip is in it groove if it pops out you will be stranded.
dude thank you very very much!