Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80 RMVB w/ transbrake build questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow 4L80 RMVB w/ transbrake build questions

Guys, I am replacing the T56 with a 4L80 automatic and ordering a Neal Chance convertor. The motor is a Raymac built 408 w/ hydraulic roller that made over 650 on the motor dyno and has NX direct port nitrous with 200 and 300 pills. What 4l80 upgrades are you 9 second guys putting in your transmissions when built?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

650 RWHP for a 4L80E isn't too much of an issue.

34 element sprag (late model has it anyway), dual fed directs (should be part of the transbrake setup), billet forward hub (preferably rollerized), 6 clutch direct.
An input shaft would be a good upgrade if it's in the budget since it's a transbrake setup but you are within the power range that a stock shaft will usually handle.

I rollerize the rear planet to case on all of them I build, I also rollerize the rear planet to the front planet on some builds.
I always rollerize the fwd hub to direct drum. Takes about 1 minute of lathe work and a $5 bearing so it's a nice upgrade.

TCI is supposed to have the reverse manual brake out, but I haven't seen any feedback on it yet.
CKPerformance has a reverse pattern 4L80E t-brake. AFAIK those are the only two at the moment. Griner is supposed to release a CNC'd billet aluminum Pro-Brake in 4-6 months.

Quick Reply: 4L80 RMVB w/ transbrake build questions