Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Rossler) Tranny 4L60 CLUNK in drive????

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Rossler) Tranny 4L60 CLUNK in drive????

Hey guys Im breaking in my new APS setup on my 02 SS and noticed when it goes from 2nd to 3rd ((or drive)) i feel and hear a pretty good clunk sound out of my Rossler stage3 4L60 tranny or torque arm .Im wondering if my changing of the stock 10 bolt gears from 3;73 to the S60 3;53 would do that?Im still driving on ther stock tune too.I was also thinking about moving the torque arm bushing down on the shackle plates one hole.BMR sells there arms with those longer shackle plates now with the extra holes drilled in them,so if mounted on the top holes where its at now,,, theres a space between the bushings,where as, the old shackle plates, there was no space and the bushings would sit right on top of each otherr. Im just wondering why it shifts from 1st to 2nd so nice and makes the noice moving into 3rd? Anybody got any info for me? If i manual shift the tranny at higher RPMs the clunk isnt as bad, buts is still there, making me think the computers shifting to early thinking its still the stock rear reading the driveshaft RPM ????I just figuired somebodys put a S60 and a Rossler in there ride and drove it before tunning.If you think of anything i may have missed please call me 724-869-9643 Ed Barnat

Last edited by barnat; 05-18-2009 at 08:07 PM.