Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent no 1-2 WOT shift & no 2-3 wot shift

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Intermittent no 1-2 WOT shift & no 2-3 wot shift

I have a sponsor built tranny off of here. I spoke with them today they seem to think it might be a issue in the tune but i'm not so sure since its been fine till now. I am trying to get some ideas of what to try.
Heres my problem. WOT 1-2 shifts sometimes happen and sometimes the car wont shift at all. When it does decide to shift the car hesitates to shift for a second or 2. Currently the car will NOT shift 2-3 at wot....just sits on the limiter. When making a pull everything feels solid it just wont shift at wot. The car shifts fine at part throttle & all the gears are present. 4th gear overdrive and lockup are working great on the highway.
Heres what i've done. I've drained the fluid and changed the fluid/filter. There was nothing in the pan & and the fluid looked fine. I have HP tuners. I've lowered my wot shift rpm table from 6800 down to 5900 and it still wont make a wot shift that low on the 2-3. It's been in the car maybe ~4 months. Any help would be appreciated
Oh and also when I lean on the car its always in 3 or D

Last edited by AutomagicLS1; 07-18-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Generally I would agree that intermitant "sometimes" oddities with a trans are tune related. However if you like i can tell you how to make a simple device to determine when the command is actually being given.
You will need 2 12v LEDs from radio shack two lengths of wire in two colors and a two wire splicers that do not require cutting the wire. and a small project box.
Take the two wires and splice one into the (light green wire) and the other into the (yellow wire with black stripe) in the harness going to the trans. Mount the 2 LEDs in the project box. Hook each wire to one of the LEDs on there negative side. Tie the other side of the LEDs to each other and run wire to a 12v source.
Drive the car the LEDs should light in the following way,
Y/B and LTGRN should both be on in 1st (both on)
LTGRN should go off on the 1-2 shift (off/on)
Y/B should go off on the 2-3 shift (off/off)
LT GRN should come back on in 4th (on/off)

Its a simple device to let you know exactly whats happening when and is instantanious. I have told a few people how to make this and it has proven helpfull in solving issues of this type and tracking them down, On more than a few instances it has proven that what the PCM says its doing or should be doing is not always What its really doing.
Just a helpfull tid bit if you think its worth the effort to set up.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-18-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...l#post11928473
Old 07-18-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCg3W3jFhFI
Old 07-18-2009, 07:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I personally think you may be about to have a repeat of previous problems . However I would still verify . Make the little box i described above it will certainly let you narrow everything down on wether the comands are being given. Then one thats been verified one way or another you will be able to determine whats next. I would avoid however continueing to do that untill you have verified. Just My opinion .

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: Intermittent no 1-2 WOT shift & no 2-3 wot shift