Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Denali Steering Wheel Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Denali Steering Wheel Swap

I have an 08 Denali with an LS3 and the 6 speed auto and was wondering if the Corvette steering wheel with paddle shifter would fit in there.

I haven't had a chance to inspect the Corvette steering wheel in person but from pictures it looks like the shifters are wheel mounted and not column mounted so I shouldn't have to replace anything else.

My main question though is would I be able to wire the paddle shifters along with all the other functions to the existing electronics? (Volume control, cruise control, etc..)
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by krazyhousecustoms
I have an 08 Denali with an LS3 and the 6 speed auto and was wondering if the Corvette steering wheel with paddle shifter would fit in there.

I haven't had a chance to inspect the Corvette steering wheel in person but from pictures it looks like the shifters are wheel mounted and not column mounted so I shouldn't have to replace anything else.

My main question though is would I be able to wire the paddle shifters along with all the other functions to the existing electronics? (Volume control, cruise control, etc..)
Might ask on the truck site http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/.

You would have to most likley tune the ECM and TCM as well and add wires.

Did you swap in the LS3 and way the L92 as VVT and makes better lowend for the heavy *** truck.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:30 PM

It comes stock with the LS3 + 6L80 Trans which should technically be the same found in the 06 Corvette. I'll make sure to check the performance trucks site as well.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krazyhousecustoms
It comes stock with the LS3 + 6L80 Trans which should technically be the same found in the 06 Corvette. I'll make sure to check the performance trucks site as well.
Actually is the L92 (6.2) and has VVT vs the LS3 which doesn't. And it uses a truck intake as well. The 09's have the L94 (6.2) with AFM and flex fuel as well.

It should have the manual shift function on the column shifter already anyway and is basically the same as the paddles. I don't think the paddle shift will physically fit/work with the column shifter.

Last edited by Bo185; 08-18-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a new 09 Sierra Denali with the 6.2L and it has the manual shift buttons on the column and flex fuel. Like said above i dont beleave it will enter change
Old 08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
I have a new 09 Sierra Denali with the 6.2L and it has the manual shift buttons on the column and flex fuel. Like said above i dont beleave it will enter change
Does it have AFM and how well does it work with the 6l80? If so does it say in v4 mode alot on the hwy?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo185
Does it have AFM and how well does it work with the 6l80? If so does it say in v4 mode alot on the hwy?
I ordered it with every thing i thought ! but it only shows a average mpg. my wife 07 LTZ Tahoe has it. As for the push button shift it work quick.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM

I know it has the shifters button on the column but its not as comfortable when going down the track that is why the Corvette wheel idea came about...